Make Your Dream To Study In Switzerland Officially Come True

Certified Translations of your visa application documents: Why Not Having Them Could Ruin Your Dream To Study In Switzerland!

Make Your Dream To Study In Switzerland Officially Come True

Do you want to start your exciting adventure as a student off the right way? Do you want to avoid disappointments at the border? Then let’s talk through what you really need to do to get your Switzerland student visa.

There are few better things you can do to better yourself than choose to study in Switzerland, but if you’re from outside of the EU, you’ll need to apply for a student visa. There would be nothing worse than excitedly awaiting the start of your course, only to find you’re not allowed in the country!

Do I need A Switzerland Student Visa?

Some countries, such as those within the European Union or European Trade Association, don’t require entry or residence permits. Other countries, such as Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Canada and Malaysia, don’t require entry permits, but you will need a residence permit if you wish to study.

If you’re coming from any other country, you’ll need to apply for a short-term (3 months or less) or long-term (more than 3 months) student visa in order to study in Switzerland.

Swiss Visa Requirements

The first requirement is that you must be accepted onto a course. You need to find, apply for, and have a placement at a Swiss university or college before you send your visa application, as evidence of acceptance will be required.

Once you have your dream placement secured, you’ll need to provide a passport, any current qualifications, a CV, evidence of your placement, proof that you can afford to support yourself financially, proof of medical insurance and letters indicating why you want to study in Switzerland and that you will leave at the end of your course.

All of these documents need to be in either English, French or German and applications should be made at the Swiss embassy in your home country.

Why Do I Need Certified Translations?

Your visa application is important, so it’s vital that you get it right. Switzerland only accepts English, French and German documents, so if they’re in a different language you’ll need to have them translated. Certified translations are precise translations by qualified translators, which are accepted for official purposes. All visa application documents must be carried out by official translation services to ensure they’re accepted.

What can we do for you?

Do you have an upcoming project already planned?
Request a non-binding quote today!

Get Your Certified Translations With Us

We at SemioticTransfer AG are a translation services company based in Switzerland. We are certified to provide certified translations in 40 languages. If you want a free quote, or would like to contact us directly, please call or email us on + 41 56 470 40 40 or